"working on my faults and cracks..."

5.11.2007

50 Steps to the Outhouse: A moment of reflection


A few nights ago while riding at high speeds by Okayama station, I nearly created a large-scale traffic accident in wildly swerving to avoid a neatly dressed elderly man who was idly standing in the middle of the sidewalk. Standing, and peeing. Totally oblivious.
In the middle of a crowded station sidewalk.
In front of little children and old women.
Peeing.
For all I knew, the entire world to this man, was just him, his fearless johnson, and his unwavering stream of pee.
Which I also swerved to avoid.

And it got me thinking...
Where would the state of my own life possibly be, if my open evenings were spent complacently urinating on the shoes and bicycle tires of sidewalk pedestrians?

Well, I guess I'd be in Japan.

1 contributions to this piece:

Valerie said...

This has got to be the funniest thing I've read in my life. Or at least the last two weeks.


 
Copyright 2010 - Powered by Blogger - Header Image: Banksy at Sundance