"working on my faults and cracks..."

8.31.2009

okayama, three out

And just like that, it's over.

Neither Twitter nor pen & paper would suffice, as the last 96 hours have slipped by faster than I was capable of documenting them. 
But despite the caffeine and alcohol-fueled haze, I only remember being with the people that mattered, and details--smallish ones, in bits and pieces: wrestling boxes down at the post office, sbux at 2, and then again at 6. Gin and tonics at 'J.' Five hours on the banks of the Asahi, and then five more scrubbing the flat. Landlord comes and goes without finding stain on wall behind fridge. I turned in my key. Shirts at FVK and hugs at NF Cred. More sbux. Barbeque at Ujyo. Police. Afterparty at Kisha. T-minus 1.5 hours, ride to bus stop in the rain. Finish packing under station awning, while being yelled at by ticketmaster. Bike box integrity already compromised. Shot of orange juice to settle the stomach. High-fives out bus window, turn the corner onto Nishigawa...
...and just like that, it's over.

[Single Sentence Summary for My J-Trains]
「無事に帰ったよ」

 
Copyright 2010 - Powered by Blogger - Header Image: Banksy at Sundance