The annoying Japanese 'tsuyu' has officially begun.
What this essentially means, is that:
* it rains a lot
* Joe Strummer fits perfectly
* my favorite watering hole is close to its grand re-opening
* I'm a week away from leaving for Australia with 30 mostly incompetent adolescents
* "my picture/her locker," and other such metaphors
* by the time my khakis have had enough time to dry thanks to the morning commute, they are ready to be soaked again on the evening commute
* Juliet Simms will politely turn down my marriage proposal
* I have seven untouched pages of translations for a dry martial arts demonstration due very soon
* local weatherman changed the morning ticker to "shitheaps of rain" and gleefully took a monthlong vacation
* long overdue for retirement, old and mostly faithful iLappy is soon to be replaced by peppy Mr. MacLappy Pro
* a number of my female readers just googled 'Juliet Simms'
* perhaps several male readers as well
* ok, you can stand under my umbrella
And now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go for a run.
In the pouring rain.